Sunday, February 22, 2009

Code Sprint 09

Code Sprint is over and I'm even MORE excited to work on the project. I really enjoyed that sort of environment where there was a wealth of knowledge readily available as well as meeting and getting to know all the other people working on the same project as i am. Everyone was very welcoming and open to new ideas even if they were often way out of the ballpark. It was a lot of fun not interacting with a computer all day. It was definitely an experience for me. Meeting Liz and learning from her was a great experience. I really learned a lot about usability testing and prototyping. I also never Google-d so much in my life.

Some highlights:
- Usability testing. It was extremely interesting to get feedback, though contradictory. Learning how to properly do usability testing was also extremely useful. So Thanks LIZ!
- Eran's "Chicken Timbits" will also NEVER be forgotten...
- Watching David run around trying to set up networks and help pretty much EVERYONE in the room was amazing. He did an awesome job at solving everyone's problems.
- Unfortunately I was out of the room the last day when we got graphs and greg apparently yelled it out, scaring everyone else in the room. I wish I could have been there for that!

Some things to note:
- this was mentioned in the post mortem, but I agree that having the code sprint at the beginning of reading week would have been better. THEORETICALLY, yes, assignments and homework should have been done before the code sprint. However, the likelihood of that is not very high.
- I wouldn't have mind if i had to pay for more of my own meals. I think the value in the experience is definitely worth it.

I'll report on the progress Liz and I made at the Code Sprint as soon as I'm caught up in all of my other classes! :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

I also had a great time at the code sprint. I'm glad we got to meet and work together! You did great with the usability testing. You're probably better at the non-leading question thing than me, of course it's my fault for not "scripting" anything on the last few mockups. I guess that just demonstrates why scripted questions are important. :-)