Thursday, February 26, 2009

The biggest adventure of my life...so far.

So I made a decision and I'm going to Japan to work for the Seiko Epson Corporation. I'll be gone for at least 12 months and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself right now. I'm excited and scared and anxious and about a million other things right now.

Pretty much everyone I talked to told me to take the job. (could this be everyone's way of trying to get rid of me?) It really helped to get more information from Isaac, with much thanks to Andrew, because Isaac gave me a lot more information about his experience there and definitely made it much less scary. Isaac also put me in touch with Siwan who did an internship in the city that I'm going to, but I'm still waiting to hear back from him. All in all, thank you to everyone's help and support!

The last time I went to Japan, I went to school. It was amazing! I did a tour in Tokyo and a tour in Kyoto. In fact I got to stay in a traditional japanese hotel in Kyoto, which was really cool since the school funded that trip. The classes I took were interesting. There was actually a timetable slot to learn japanese tea ceremony for all the students in the school as well as brush and ink calligraphy. All the students were also so enthusiastic about everything and so energetic. They were lots of fun to be around.

Now I'm more excited to go. I just have to make sure I get everything done before I leave and try not to get too distracted. School's not over yet!

No comments: